Tuesday, March 26, 2013

ShelBEY

I get asked all the time "Why do you love Beyoncé so much?"
"Why her? What do you like most about her?"
And I usually respond with an answer along the lines of, She is everything.

Now I can understand that it must be hard for some people to grasp my love for her.
How you can you care so much for someone that you've never met? Right.
I get that.
She doesn't even know who you are! Yeah, I know.
How do people get so obsessed with celebrities?
I'm not sure, but I CAN tell you that to me, she isn't just a celebrity.

She is like a friend to me.
A person I look to for inspiration.
Someone who is there for me when I need them.
And a flawless example of the type of person I would like to become.
And I'm sure that this is hard to understand because unlike most friends, I've never got to hang out with her.
I've never spoken to her and she has no clue I exist.
But, it's ok.  Because Beyoncé has done more for me than damn near all of the people I have met in my life.
But enough with the serious talk, I wanted to write this post to show people how much me and Beyoncé are actually alike.  They are kind of silly things, but maybe it will help you to understand how connected to her I feel.  I swear that everything that has ever came out of her mouth, I have thought some version of it in my head.  She is able to say the things that I cannot put into words.  We are soul sisters and I don't care what anyone says.

Me and Beyoncé are Similar Because:
1.Both of our mother's were Cosmetologists and owned hair salons. We both hung out in the salons as kids.
2.We both only have one sibling, a sister.
3.Both of our sisters only had one child, so we both only have 1 nephew.
4. Both of our parents divorced after we were adults.
5.We both support same-sex marriage and women's empowerment.
6.We both call our friendship a "Sisterhood"
7.We both love Popeye's Chicken, Jalapenos, Chicken & Waffles, and Pizza.
8.Neither of us have had braces or wear contacts or glasses.
9.We both have a vision board to inspire us.
10. Beyoncé has said if she wasn't a singer she would have become a therapist. I have been going to school to become a therapist, but if I wasn't I would become a Beyoncé.
11.My middle name is Teal, like the color. She named her daughter Blue, like the color.  Blue is also my favorite color.
12. We both feel most beautiful after a shower

I could name 100 little things and these may sound like stupid little things to you. But when you think about it, it's the stupid little things that make you feel connected to your friends. 
I know if I were to meet Beyoncé and sit down with her and have a conversation, we would become friends.
Now, the chances of that happening are slim to none. 
But that's ok. Because I don't need her physical friendship.
She has done more for me than I can ever explain.
I wish that everyone could have someone in their life that does for them what she has for me.
I love you Bey!


No comments:

Post a Comment